Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Saying Goodbye

I just realized saying goodbye is the hardest part in our lives. Why? It's because I thought I can cope up with all the changes that are happening and will be happening in my life, but I was wrong. I thought I was prepared to see people going away, but I was wrong. My Mommy's brother, together with his family, went away yesterday- Wednesday, November 25, 2009, to migrate in California. Their petition was approved and after a year of processing the papers and the likes, they left. I was smiling when they came here to say their farewell, but deep inside, I was carrying a heavy heart. I don't know, but it's just so hard to see the people you love go away. I know my Uncle is now happy because, finally, he's together with his mother, brothers, and sisters, and I don't have anything against that. I'm also happy for him. However, I just can't help but to feel sad because I was used to having them here. Even though they were in Bataan, I still know that they are just a little trip away that would cost me a hundred or so to reach them, but now that they are there on the other side of the world that would cost me a LONG hour trip and thousands of pesos (which I clearly do not have), I just can't stop myself from being sad. Every time I think about the time they were still here- busy preparing for their papers to process, eating together during breakfast, lunch, and dinner, watching televisions together, sharing laughter and jokes, drinking almost every night, chatting, watching them smoke, eating ice cream together (sometimes), using the laptop to chat with my Aunts and Uncles, convincing our Auntie to give us money so that we can watch the latest movie in the theater, and all the bond we shared- I always get so depressed and lonely. During the last movie we watched, courtesy of Auntie Baby, entitled 2012, I already told myself that I will make that moment the most of it because I know it will take years before I could ever see them again- personally. I'm a little bit sad now, but I know I can manage to be happy because I know they are happy too. I'll just think that they went to California for a long vacation, or maybe I'll just think that I was the one who went here in the Philippines to have a long vacation. It only takes a little concentration, and I know the loneliness will soon subside. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing them soon, and I'm hoping that our petition wouldn't take long enough to be approved so that I can hug them, see them smile, hear their jokes, watch television together, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together, and to be with them.... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate my Blogsite